...now from Seattle

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

China

Welcome to the farthereast blog chronicling the adventures of living China. Hello and ni hao! to all the friendly internet police that are reading this. It’s good to know that at least someone will be checking this blog daily. Connor and I moved into our new digs in Haidian District, Beijing a seemingly typical urban high rise with shoddy Chinese construction but a very nice wooded interior (except for the bathrooms).

I took my placement exam for the language course I am taking at the Beijing Language and Culture University and scored an astounding 0! I'm learning quite a few words each day and should be able to get around on my own in a couple weeks instead of holding Connor's hand all the time. Planning trips to inner mongolia, xian (too see the terra cotta warriors), shanghai, tibet, hong kong, and a shaolin temple.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Greg. Looking forward to the pictures.

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Greg! Great idea to start a blog!

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home